Whether you’re a seasoned developer or just getting your feet wet, chances are you’ve heard of the Internet Computer (IC). But what is it and why are people so excited about it? Let’s dive deeper into this exciting new technology that promises to change the way we use computers forever.
What is an Internet Computer? How does it work?
As a blockchain computer, the Internet Computer is a new breed of internet-native technology. It runs at web speed with unbounded capacity, and can serve as a foundation for next-generation decentralized applications (DApps) to solve real-world problems.
The three major innovations of blockchain are:
- Immutable ledger technology – This offers an immutable record of transactions
- Smart contract execution environment – This allows transactions to be automated by smart contracts (computer programs) running on decentralized networks such as Ethereum, Tron and EOS.
- And now with the Blockchain Computer Company’s Internet Computer we introduce powerful software frameworks that allow developers to build applications that run faster than ever before while consuming less energy and processing power than traditional cloud computing services
Why was the Internet Computer created?
- Dominic Williams, the CEO and founder of DFINITY, created the project. As a blockchain expert who has written several papers on consensus protocols, he was able to create a system that works with Ethereum but is not dependent on it. This means that there’s no risk of your computer crashing if anything happens to Ethereum.
- The Internet Computer isn’t just another cryptocurrency like Bitcoin or Ethereum—it’s actually a blockchain computer! This means that users won’t be able to mine or make money off their computers by using them as they usually would with cryptocurrencies. Instead, they’ll be able to use smart contracts (which we’ll talk about later) so that they can build decentralized applications (dApps). You can think of these dApps as apps you can run in your browser without needing an app store like Google Play or Apple App Store first—they’re built on top of what we call the DFINITY network instead!
- It’s important not confuse this project with other projects out there called “blockchains” because although those are often used interchangeably with terms such as “cryptocurrencies” and “smart contracts,” these aren’t quite right either—they’re more like databases where transactions occur between accounts rather than transactions within accounts themselves being recorded too!
Why is the Internet Computer needed?
Perhaps you’re familiar with the internet, an information superhighway that connects billions of devices and people around the world. The internet is a crucial tool for communication, education, entertainment and more. However, it faces increasing threats from centralization—the process by which power becomes concentrated in fewer hands over time.
As more people use the internet to access content (such as video services) or share information (like social media), they contribute data to centralized companies like Google or Facebook. These companies then own that data—and can do whatever they want with it! But what if there was another way to use our computers? What if we could use them as part of a decentralized network that doesn’t rely on any one company?
That’s where the Internet Computer comes in! The ICP is an open-source software platform that anyone can download from our GitHub repository and run on their own computer hardware (a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ works great). It gives you control over how you collect information online through our system of personal microservices called “shovels.” Your shovels gather information automatically while you’re using your internet connected devices like laptops, tablets and smartphones…but unlike other solutions out there today where this kind of collection happens without your knowledge or consent–we’ve made sure there’s nothing sneaky going on here!
What are the benefits of an Internet Computer?
The internet computer is a platform for building applications and services. You can build decentralized apps (dApps) on the internet computer, which is similar to the blockchain but operates on a much smaller scale. The internet computer is also a platform for building blockchain apps.
What are some real-world examples of applications that might be built on the Internet Computer?
There are a lot of things you can do with an Internet Computer. For example, imagine if all your social media accounts and cloud storage were encrypted and distributed across a bunch of computers that nobody owned or controlled. This would mean no single company could control what you see on the internet, which sounds pretty good to me!
Another thing you could do is build a decentralized internet where each user has their own personal server for any kind of file sharing they want to do. That would be really cool because we’d be able to share files without having to worry about them getting hacked or deleted by some evil corporation!
You could also use an Internet Computer as part of a decentralized internet-of-things (IoT) system where cars talk to each other without going through an ISP like Verizon or AT&T—and more importantly, without being tracked by those companies either. And finally: imagine if all these cars were also connected together by IoT so they’re aware of one another’s location and speed at all times? Now THAT’S innovation!
Who is behind the development of the Internet Computer?
The Internet Computer is the creation of Dominic Williams, CEO; Johnston Geer, CTO; Kenneth Ira, COO; and David Johnston, CCO. The five other key members of the team are Michael O’Neill (CFO); Robert Waddington (VP of Engineering); Paul Veradittakit (VP of Business Development).
Learn about how the internet computer works and what it’s for
The internet computer is a blockchain that runs at web speed with unbounded capacity. It also represents the third major blockchain innovation, alongside Bitcoin and Ethereum. The internet computer enables the complete reimagination of software, from how it’s built to who can use it and how much they pay for it.
What is Internet Computer ICP Conclusion
You know, we could go on and on about the Internet Computer. But we think it’s best to let you get started with it yourself—find out what kinds of applications work well on it, and then build something wonderful. We’re excited to see what the internet computer has in store for the world!
Crypto News RSS is a Web Feed Portal that allows users to Access Latest Updates on Crypto News Websites. The information is fetched by the Crypto News RSS feed reader that converts the files and the latest updates from websites into an easy-to-read format.