- Theta Fuel Price at $0.314 after 5% gains – How to buy TFUEL - InsideBitcoins
- Theta Fuel (TFUEL) has a Very Bullish Sentiment Score, is Rising, and Outperforming the ...
- Adidas dives into the metaverse with BAYC - CryptoCoin.News
- Binance Will Support Updates for Avalanche, Tezos, and Theta Network | The Goa Spotlight
- THETA Price Prediction: Breakout Imminent As Symmetrical Triangle Nears Completion
- Theta Network Price Analysis: THETA Crypto Accumulates Within a Range From 3 Months ...
- 9 Best NFT marketplaces to buy and sell NFTs - Techlomedia
- Google Cloud Tech Tweeting About Theta Network OMG - The Currency Analytics
- Top 10 Metaverse Coins to Buy on Crypto.com - The VR Soldier
- Is Theta (THETA) About to Turn Around after Nearly 13% Drop? - Forex News by FX Leaders
- Let The Music Play - TheGWW.com
- Alt-Season Is Here! VET, THETA, and Cardano Price Are Ready For The Impulse Move! - Coinpedia
- THETA price analysis: THETA rallies high towards $7.4, targets $7.7 crucial resistance next ...
- Cryptocurrency Theta Network Rises More Than 14% In 24 hours | Benzinga
- CRO price analysis: Crypto.com price crashes, falls by more than 18% | Cryptopolitan
It has a circulating supply of 1,000,000,000 THETA coins and a max. supply of 1,000,000,000 THETA coins.
The top exchanges for trading in THETA are currently Binance, Huobi Global, OKEx, Upbit, and FTX. You can find others listed on our crypto exchanges page.
What Is Theta (THETA)?
Theta (THETA) is a blockchain powered network purpose-built for video streaming. Launched in March 2019, the Theta mainnet operates as a decentralized network in which users share bandwidth and computing resources on a peer-to-peer (P2P) basis.The project is advised by Steve Chen, co-founder of YouTube and Justin Kan, co-founder of Twitch.
Theta features its own native cryptocurrency token, THETA, which performs various governance tasks within the network, and counts Google, Binance, Blockchain ventures, Gumi, Sony Europe and Samsung as Enterprise validators, along with a Guardian network of thousands of community-run guardian nodes.
Developers say that the project aims to shake up the video streaming industry in its current form — centralization, poor infrastructure and high costs mean that end users often end up with a poor experience. Content creators likewise earn less revenue due to the barriers between them and end users.
Who Are The Founders of Theta?
Theta was co-founded by Mitch Liu and Jieyi Long in 2018. Liu has a long history in the gaming and video industries, co-founding video advertising firm Tapjoy, mobile social gaming startup Gameview Studios, and THETA.tv, the live streaming platform whose DApp was the first to be built on the Theta protocol.
Long is Theta’s second co-founder and CTO, following similar multi-year experience in design automation, gaming, virtual reality, and large scale distributed systems. He authored multiple peer-reviewed academic papers and holds various patents in video streaming, blockchain and virtual reality.
Theta now has a modest team, and its official website lists strategic corporate investors as Samsung NEXT, Sony Innovation Fund, media investors BDMI Bertelsmann Digital Media Investments, CAA Creative Artists Agency, and traditional Silicon Valley VCs including DCM, Sierra Ventures and the VR Fund.
What Makes Theta Unique?
Theta’s main business concept is to decentralize video streaming, data delivery and edge computing, making it more efficient, cost-effective and fair for industry participants.
The network runs on a native blockchain, with two native tokens, known as Theta (THETA), Theta Fuel (TFUEL), powering the internal economy.
Theta’s appeal is threefold: viewers get rewarded with better quality streaming service, content creators improve their earnings and middlemen — video platforms — save money on building infrastructure and increase advertising and subscription revenues.
Users have an incentive to both watch network content and share network resources, as rewards come in the form of TFUEL tokens.
The platform is open source, and token holders receive governance powers as with many proof-of-stake (PoS)-based blockchain ecosystems.
In addition to video, data and computing, Theta caters to developers looking to launch decentralized applications (DApps) on its fully featured EVM-compatible Smart contract platform.