THETA Latest News
- In Crypto: Shopify merchants can now accept crypto payments - Business Cloud
- LOGARITHMIC FINANCE (LOG) COULD MAKE YOU MILLIONS LIKE THE ... - Crypto Daily
- The Best THETA Roulette Sites in 2022 - Coin Clarity
- Cryptocurrency Theta Fuel Decreases More Than 6% Within 24 hours - Benzinga
- How are Theta Network (THETA) and Mountanaz (MNAZ) Transforming the DeFi Scene?
- In Crypto: Cryptocurrency is 'portfolio kryptonite' - $1.4tr investor - Business Cloud
- As Market Tries to Rebound, Theta (THETA) Hovers Near $1 Mark - Forex News by FX Leaders
- Best Theta Blackjack Sites - Best Casinos & 2022 Bonuses - Coin Clarity
- In Crypto: Cryptocurrency market 'immune to general monetary policy' - Business Cloud
- In Crypto: Twitch co-founder raises $24m for Web3 media startup - Business Cloud
- Theta Roundup: Binance.US Lists Theta Assets, DappRadar Officially Integrates Theta - Securities.io
- In Crypto: Founder Do Kwon 'heartbroken' over Terra collapse - Business Cloud
- Logarithmic Finance (LOG) Is the New Defi Platform To Make Money Compared To The ...
- Logarithmic Finance (LOG) Is the New Defi Platform To Make Money Compared To The ... - Bitcoinist
- Theta Network Cryptocurrency Down Momentum With A 35% Fall In The Last 7 Days | Via News
It has a circulating supply of 1,000,000,000 THETA coins and a max. supply of 1,000,000,000 THETA coins.
The top exchanges for trading in THETA are currently Binance, Huobi Global, OKEx, Upbit, and FTX. You can find others listed on our crypto exchanges page.
What Is Theta (THETA)?
Theta (THETA) is a blockchain powered network purpose-built for video streaming. Launched in March 2019, the Theta mainnet operates as a decentralized network in which users share bandwidth and computing resources on a peer-to-peer (P2P) basis.The project is advised by Steve Chen, co-founder of YouTube and Justin Kan, co-founder of Twitch.
Theta features its own native cryptocurrency token, THETA, which performs various governance tasks within the network, and counts Google, Binance, Blockchain ventures, Gumi, Sony Europe and Samsung as Enterprise validators, along with a Guardian network of thousands of community-run guardian nodes.
Developers say that the project aims to shake up the video streaming industry in its current form — centralization, poor infrastructure and high costs mean that end users often end up with a poor experience. Content creators likewise earn less revenue due to the barriers between them and end users.
Who Are The Founders of Theta?
Theta was co-founded by Mitch Liu and Jieyi Long in 2018. Liu has a long history in the gaming and video industries, co-founding video advertising firm Tapjoy, mobile social gaming startup Gameview Studios, and THETA.tv, the live streaming platform whose DApp was the first to be built on the Theta protocol.
Long is Theta’s second co-founder and CTO, following similar multi-year experience in design automation, gaming, virtual reality, and large scale distributed systems. He authored multiple peer-reviewed academic papers and holds various patents in video streaming, blockchain and virtual reality.
Theta now has a modest team, and its official website lists strategic corporate investors as Samsung NEXT, Sony Innovation Fund, media investors BDMI Bertelsmann Digital Media Investments, CAA Creative Artists Agency, and traditional Silicon Valley VCs including DCM, Sierra Ventures and the VR Fund.
What Makes Theta Unique?
Theta’s main business concept is to decentralize video streaming, data delivery and edge computing, making it more efficient, cost-effective and fair for industry participants.
The network runs on a native blockchain, with two native tokens, known as Theta (THETA), Theta Fuel (TFUEL), powering the internal economy.
Theta’s appeal is threefold: viewers get rewarded with better quality streaming service, content creators improve their earnings and middlemen — video platforms — save money on building infrastructure and increase advertising and subscription revenues.
Users have an incentive to both watch network content and share network resources, as rewards come in the form of TFUEL tokens.
The platform is open source, and token holders receive governance powers as with many proof-of-stake (PoS)-based blockchain ecosystems.
In addition to video, data and computing, Theta caters to developers looking to launch decentralized applications (DApps) on its fully featured EVM-compatible Smart contract platform.
Crypto News RSS is a Web Feed Portal that allows users to Access Latest Updates on Crypto News Websites. The information is fetched by Crypto News RSS feed reader that converts the files and the latest updates from websites into an easy to read format.