Stellar XLM Latest News
- Basel Committee: Banks worldwide reportedly own 9.4 billion euros in crypto assets
- Binance Burns 5.5 Billion LUNC, The Community Boycotts Huobi, KuCoin and Others Over ...
- 3 Innovative Cryptos Offering Real-World Utility
- Top 20 Cryptocurrencies To Invest In October 2022 - SavingAdvice.com Blog
- Defi Token Snowfallprotocol.io (SNW) Is On Track To Defeating Chainlink (LINK) and Stellar (XLM)
- 3 Innovative Cryptos Offering Real-World Utility | The Motley Fool
- New market contender Snowfallprotocol.io (SNW) going head to head with Cardano (ADA ...
- Top Crypto Gainers And Losers Today - ABP LIVE
- Crypto On Oct. 4: Bitcoin Eyes $20,000, Ether Back Above $1,300
- LiveLike Enters Partnership With Chiliz, Will Offer Crypto Fan Tokens
- Uniswap Token (UNI) Forms Rounded Bottom, Can Price Hit $7.5? - Crypto News BTC
- The Best Energy Efficient Cryptos Set to Explode in 2022 - Washington City Paper
- Altcoins Struggle With Downward Corrections As Cryptocurrencies Approach Lower Price Levels
- Coin Race: Top Winners/Losers of September and Q3 – Is a New Bull Market Starting?
- Flasko (FLSK) Is Predicted To Become One Of The Best Investments Over Monero (XMR ...
It has a circulating supply of 22,497,955,475 XLM coins and a max. supply of 50,001,806,812 XLM coins.
The top exchanges for trading in Stellar are currently Binance, Huobi Global, OKEx, BitZ, and FTX. You can find others listed on our crypto exchanges page.
What Is Stellar (XLM)?
Put simply, Stellar is an open network that allows money to be moved and stored. When it was released in July 2014, one of its goals was boosting financial inclusion by reaching the world’s unbanked — but soon afterwards, its priorities shifted to helping financial firms connect with one another through blockchain technology.
The network’s native token, lumens, serves as a bridge that makes it less expensive to trade assets across borders. All of this aims to challenge existing payment providers, who often charge high fees for a similar service.
If all of this sounds familiar, it is worth noting that Stellar was originally based on the Ripple Labs protocol. The blockchain was created as a result of hard fork, and the code was subsequently rewritten.
Who Are the Founders of Stellar?
Jed McCaleb founded Stellar with the lawyer Joyce Kim after leaving Ripple in 2013 over disagreements about the company’s future direction.
In explaining the rationale behind Stellar in September 2020, McCaleb told CoinMarketCap: “The whole original design of Stellar is that you can have fiat currencies and other kinds of forms of value run in parallel with each other and with crypto assets. This is super important to drive this stuff mainstream.”
McCaleb’s goal is to ensure that Stellar can give people a way of moving their fiat into crypto — and eliminate the friction that people normally experience when they are sending money around the world.
He currently serves as the CTO of Stellar, as well as the co-founder of the Stellar Development Foundation. This not-for-profit organization aims to “unlock the world’s economic potential by making money more fluid, markets more open, and people more empowered.”
What Makes Stellar Unique?
Fees are a sticking point for many. However, high costs when making cross-border payments aren’t just exclusive to fiat-based payments solutions such as PayPal — transaction fees have also been known to go through the roof on the Bitcoin and Ethereum blockchains because of congestion.
Stellar is unique because every transaction costs just 0.00001 XLM. Given how one unit of this cryptocurrency only costs a few cents at the time of writing, this helps ensure that users keep more of their money.
Few blockchain projects have managed to secure partnerships with big-brand technology companies and fintech firms. A few years ago, Stellar and IBM teamed up to launch World Wire, a project that allowed large financial institutions to submit transactions to the Stellar network and transact using bridge assets such as stablecoins.
Although other blockchains have community funds, meaning that grants can be given to projects that help further the ecosystem, Stellar allows its users to vote on which ventures should be given this support.
Crypto News RSS is a Web Feed Portal that allows users to Access Latest Updates on Crypto News Websites. The information is fetched by Crypto News RSS feed reader that converts the files and the latest updates from websites into an easy-to-read format.