Polkadot Latest News
- Polkadot sees a bounce from $7.5 but can bulls bet on further gains - AMBCrypto
- Polkadot (DOT) Falls 0.03%, Underperforms the Crypto Market Friday - InvestorsObserver
- 5/20 Price Analysis: BTC, ETH, BNB, XRP, ADA, SOL, DOGE, DOT, AVAX, SHIB
- Polkadot price analysis: DOT/USD gains a massive value at $10.08 - Cryptopolitan
- 13 Best Polkadot Ecosystem Tokens to Watch in May 2022 - Securities.io
- 6 Cryptos to Buy Now and Hold for the Long Term | InvestorPlace
- Bitcoin IRA Named Winner of Best New Mobile App - Crypto News BTC
- What Jerome Powell commented on the sliding of bitcoin and major cryptos amidst the ...
- Bitcoin IRA Named Winner of Best New Mobile App - StreetInsider
- Polka Dots Play Café Haubstadt, Indiana Indoor Play Opening 2022 - WKDQ
- Polka Dot Beamsplitters Market Trends 2021, Share Analysis, Growth Factors, Industry ...
- 3 Cryptocurrencies that could give you Greater Gains: Mushe Token (XMU), Cardano (ADA ...
- Crypto Price Analysis May-20: Ethereum, Ripple, Cardano, Solana, and Polkadot - CryptoPotato
- Buying The Dip For Cardano (ADA) And Adding These 2 Smaller-Cap Cryptos To The Watchlist
- Changing The Crypto Landscape: Mehracki Token (MKI), Solana (SOL) And Polkadot (DOT)
It has a circulating supply of 913,344,400 DOT coins and the max. supply is not available.
The top exchanges for trading in Polkadot are currently Binance, Huobi Global, OKEx, HBTC, and Hydax Exchange. You can find others listed on our crypto exchanges page.
What Is Polkadot (DOT)?
Polkadot is an open-source sharding multichain protocol that facilitates the cross-chain transfer of any data or asset types, not just tokens, thereby making a wide range of blockchains interoperable with each other.
This interoperability seeks to establish a fully decentralized and private web, controlled by its users, and simplify the creation of new applications, institutions, and services.
The Polkadot protocol connects public and private chains, permissionless networks, oracles, and future technologies, allowing these independent blockchains to trustlessly share information and transactions through the Polkadot relay chain (explained further down).
Polkadot’s native DOT token serves three clear purposes: providing network governance and operations, and creating parachains (parallel chains) by bonding.
Polkadot has four core components:
- Relay Chain: Polkadot’s “heart,” helping to create consensus, interoperability and shared security across the network of different chains;
- Parachains: independent chains that can have their own tokens and be optimized for specific use cases;
- Parathread: similar to parachains but with flexible connectivity based on an economical pay-as-you-go model;
- Bridges: allows parachains and parathreads to connect and communicate with external blockchains like Ethereum.
Who Are the Founders of Polkadot?
Polkadot was founded by the Web3 Foundation, a Swiss Foundation founded to facilitate a fully functional and user-friendly decentralized web, as an open-source project.
Its founders are Dr. Gavin Wood, Robert Habermeier and Peter Czaban.
Wood, the Web3 Foundation’s president, is the most well-known of the trio thanks to his industry influence as Ethereum co-founder, Parity Technologies founder and the creator of the smart contract coding language Solidity.
Habermeier is a Thiel Fellow and accomplished blockchain and cryptography researcher and developer. Czaban is the Web3 Foundation’s Technology Director. With a wealth of experience across highly specialized fintech industries, he is currently helping to develop a new generation of distributed technology.
What Makes Polkadot Unique?
Polkadot is a sharded multichain network, meaning it can process many transactions on several chains in parallel (“parachains”). This parallel processing power improves scalability.
Custom blockchains are quick and easy to develop through the Substrate framework and can be connected to Polkadot’s network within minutes. The network is also highly flexible and adaptive, allowing the sharing of information and functionality between participants similar to apps on a smartphone. Polkadot can be automatically upgraded without the need for a fork in order to implement new features or remove bugs.
The network has a highly sophisticated user-driven governance system that also helps to secure it. Communities can customize their blockchain’s governance on Polkadot based on their needs and evolving conditions. Nominators, validators, collators and fishermen all fulfil various duties to help secure and maintain the network and eradicate bad behavior.
Crypto News RSS is a Web Feed Portal that allows users to Access Latest Updates on Crypto News Websites. The information is fetched by Crypto News RSS feed reader that converts the files and the latest updates from websites into an easy-to-read format.