Chainlink Latest News
- Crypto Biz: Amid crypto carnage, Goldman and Barclays fill their bags, May 12-18, 2022
- This Week's NASDAQ Market Losses Tops Bitcoin's... | Breaking Global Cryptocurrency News
- Terra Will Be Reborn, BTC Looks Ready to Plunge Further, Poloniex Lists New SHIB Trading Pair
- Scalability research - CoinGeek
- Why Chain link is an important part of the cryptocurrency ecosystem - Big News Network.com
- How Blockchain is Finally Getting Africa on the Grid - NewsBTC
- Add To Your Wealth with Mountanaz (MNAZ), Chainlink (LINK), and Algorand (ALGO) | TechCabal
- 4 DeFi Cryptocurrencies To Buy This Month? - Crypto News BTC
- Sergey Nazarov - Building a world powered by cryptographic truth - YouTube
- 4 DeFi Cryptocurrencies To Buy This Month? - The Coin Republic
- Chainlink price analysis: At $7.09, it appears that the LINK/USD is bearish - Cryptopolitan
- Chainlink Price Prediction Amid Broad DeFi Weakness - Crypto News BTC
- Chainlink price analysis: LINK rose above $5.50 and may break through $8 resistance if it ...
- Limit Crypto Derivatives Trading To Wholesale Trades - Paul-Willem Van Gerwen - Herald Sheets
- Crypto Massacre: Ethereum Drops, Cardano, Solana and Luna Drop Hard
It has a circulating supply of 408,509,556 LINK coins and a max. supply of 1,000,000,000 LINK coins.
The top exchanges for trading in Chainlink are currently Binance, Huobi Global, OKEx, HBTC, and Hydax Exchange. You can find others listed on our crypto exchanges page.
What Is Chainlink?
Chainlink (LINK) is a decentralized oracle network which aims to connect smart contracts with data from the real world. Chainlink was developed by Sergey Nazarov, with Steve Ellis as the other co-founder. It held an ICO in September 2017, raising $32 million, with a total supply of 1 billion LINK tokens. LINK, the cryptocurrency native to the Chainlink decentralized oracle network, is used to pay node operators. Since the Chainlink network has a reputation system, node providers that have a large amount of LINK can be rewarded with larger contracts, while a failure to deliver accurate information results in a deduction of tokens. Developers describe LINK as “an ERC20 token, with the additional ERC223 ‘transfer and call’ functionality of transfer (address, uint256, bytes), allowing tokens to be received and processed by contracts within a single transaction.” Following the 2017 $32 million LINK ICO, 32 percent of LINK tokens were sent to node operators to incentivize the ecosystem and 30 percent stayed within Chainlink for development (35 percent were sold in the public token sale).
What Are Oracles?
Chainlink is a platform that aims to bridge the gap between blockchain technology-based smart contracts (made widespread by Ethereum), and real world applications. Since blockchains cannot access data outside their network, oracles (a defi instrument) are needed to function as data feeds in smart contracts. In Chainlink’s case, the oracles are connected to the Ethereum network. Oracles provide external data (e.g. temperature, weather) that trigger smart contract executions upon the fulfillment of predefined conditions. Participants on the Chainlink network are incentivized (through rewards) to provide smart contracts with access to external data feeds like API information. Should users desire access to off-chain data, they can submit a requesting contract to Chainlink’s network. These contracts will match the requesting contract with the appropriate oracles. The contracts include a reputation contract, an order-matching contract and an aggregating contract. The aggregating contract gathers data of the selected oracles to find the most accurate result.
Crypto News RSS is a Web Feed Portal that allows users to Access Latest Updates on Crypto News Websites. The information is fetched by Crypto News RSS feed reader that converts the files and the latest updates from websites into an easy to read format.