Ripple XRP Latest News
What Is XRP?
To begin with, it’s important to understand the difference between XRP, Ripple and RippleNet. XRP is the currency that runs on a digital payment platform called RippleNet, which is on top of a distributed ledger database called XRP Ledger. While RippleNet is run by a company called Ripple, the XRP Ledger is open-source and is not based on blockchain, but rather the previously mentioned distributed ledger database.
The RippleNet payment platform is a real-time gross settlement (RTGS) system that aims to enable instant monetary transactions globally. While XRP is the cryptocurrency native to the XRP Ledger, you can actually use any currency to transact on the platform.
While the idea behind the Ripple payment platform was first voiced in 2004 by Ryan Fugger, it wasn’t until Jed McCaleb and Chris Larson took over the project in 2012 that Ripple began to be built (at the time, it was also called OpenCoin).
- XRP Lawyer Calls Out SEC For Selective Enforcement; Cites Japanese Bank Case
- XRP v. SEC: John Deaton Makes Another Argument for SEC's Incompetence - U.Today
- Ripple Price Prediction: Will XRP Achieve $1 in 2022? Technicals Remain Dismissive
- BitPay delivers cashback reward for cardholders - ThePaypers
- Ripple Turns from Overhead Resistance and Holds $0.37 Support - CoinIdol.com
- NINJA ACCELERATOR STARTUP PROFILING - TechCabal
- Which Crypto Will Be Affected By The Elon Musk Twitter Lawsuit? Bitcoin, Dogecoin, and HUH Token
- Huobi Japan To Distribute Flare Tokens to Ripple (XRP) Holders - The Crypto Basics
- XRP Rewards Programs Now In Japanese Shinsei Bank - TronWeekly
- Japanese Shinsei Bank rewards customers in crypto - The Cryptonomist
- Crypto - Bloomberg.com
- Three-quarters of institutions to use crypto in the three years: Ripple - Cointelegraph
- BTC Primed For Trillion-Dollar Boost As BlackRock Offers Direct Bitcoin Exposure To ...
- Ripple Casinos - INSCMagazine
- Top Japanese Shinsei Bank Picks XRP as a Campaign Reward Method - Times Tabloid