Ripple XRP Latest News
What Is XRP?
To begin with, it’s important to understand the difference between XRP, Ripple and RippleNet. XRP is the currency that runs on a digital payment platform called RippleNet, which is on top of a distributed ledger database called XRP Ledger. While RippleNet is run by a company called Ripple, the XRP Ledger is open-source and is not based on blockchain, but rather the previously mentioned distributed ledger database.
The RippleNet payment platform is a real-time gross settlement (RTGS) system that aims to enable instant monetary transactions globally. While XRP is the cryptocurrency native to the XRP Ledger, you can actually use any currency to transact on the platform.
While the idea behind the Ripple payment platform was first voiced in 2004 by Ryan Fugger, it wasn’t until Jed McCaleb and Chris Larson took over the project in 2012 that Ripple began to be built (at the time, it was also called OpenCoin).
- Horrible Behavior Should Be Disincentivized By Regulators, Says Ripple CEO - Tokenhell
- Ripple CEO Invoked for Cooperation with Regulators - The Coin Republic
- Ripple VS SEC Verdict May be on the Horizon! Here's What to Expect - Coinpedia
- BAYC Struggles to Survive the Mass NFT Decline As Floor Prices Plummet - ZyCrypto
- XRP News: Whales Move 143 Mln XRP; Is Ripple Winning Lawsuit - Coingape
- Business News | Big Eyes Coin, Chainlink, and Ripple Could Experience a Surge Around ... - Latestly
- The Ultimate List Of The Best Cryptocurrency Websites | MENAFN.COM
- Ripple: XRP has the right fundamentals to chart a bullish path in 2023, and traders will be ...
- Ripple (XRP) Just Saw A Key Technical Breakout: Relief Rally Underway - NewsBTC
- XRP traders, here's why the crypto market may take a while to act in your favor - STL.News
- Ripple on the RISE? Here's when to Actually Buy XRP! - CryptoTicker
- 6 Best Crypto to Buy in the Crash
- Over 460k NFTs Minted, 47.6k NFTs Burned on XRP Ledger Since XLS-20 Amendment Went Live
- Ripple Says It Put Up Good Fight as Both Parties File Replies to Summary Judgment
- Big Eyes Coin, Chainlink, and Ripple could experience a surge around the Christmas Period